We have moved!

Update! This site has moved to http://www.countingmypennies.com/. Please update your links if possible and come visit the new site! No new posts will be added to this site - all updates will be done at Counting My Pennies. Thanks for reading!

Monday, June 16, 2008

Quick Update

I have an addition to my travel tips post. When flying anywhere, be sure to bring at least one extra set of clothing, and plan to fly home with that outfit still clean.

I spent a long weekend at my parents' house as a Father's Day surprise for my dad. My flight out was delayed a bit, but nothing too bad. However, my flight home today got cancelled due to "weather in D.C." Really, I think there were just storms possible, and the flight wasn't full, so they opted to cancel rather than delay. I could still have gotten home tonight, but it would have been around 2 am by the time I got back to my apartment. I wasn't going to be able to get to work by 7:30 anyway. Not if I wanted to function. So I opted to take a flight tomorrow, get another evening with my family, and not worry about work. Thankfully, I have the vacation time available, a very flexible boss, and will likely be able to make up the hours anyway.

But the problem is that I didn't have any extra clothing with me! So I'm doing laundry right now. Not a problem, since I'm with my family. But if I were stuck in a hotel overnight, this would be a bigger issue. No one wants to fly next to the stinky girl, after all.

Content will return on Wednesday. Wish me luck getting home tomorrow.

No comments: