Suze's Top Ten List for 2008
- Try to get out of credit card debt.
- Begin a 6-8 month emergency fund
- Sign up for your 401(k) to the point of the match, then fund a Roth IRA
- Look for the best buy on a home. Purchase only if you have enough for a 10%-20% down payment and qualify for a 30-15 year fixed mortgage.
- Never loan money or co-sign for someone
- Annuities - single premium deferred annuity is ok, but never buy variable annuities within a retirement account
- Buy individual bonds, not bond funds
- Get a will and a living revocable trust
- Get term life insurance only
- Buy no-load mutual funds only.
So that is my goal from this list. How about you?