We have moved!

Update! This site has moved to http://www.countingmypennies.com/. Please update your links if possible and come visit the new site! No new posts will be added to this site - all updates will be done at Counting My Pennies. Thanks for reading!

Monday, March 10, 2008

Darkness Now Means More Light Later

I have been eagerly anticipating time change. Sure, it means that it's darker when I leave for work, but the sun will be out longer tonight, which means that I can finally run outside again and not have to run on the treadmill. I can only take the treadmill for so many months.

In a strange way, this is like personal finance. You give up something now (putting money into retirement and savings and therefore, spending less) to get something later (money for retirement, a downpayment on a house, etc). There's just a bit more instant gratification.

I just returned from the wedding of two of my closest friends. While it turned into an expensive trip, it was absolutely worth it to get to be there for their wedding, plus it was wonderful to get to see so many old friends who I don't get to spend a lot of time with. While there are a number of other things I could have done with the money it cost me to fly there and stay in the hotel, this expense was worth it to me.

On this slightly sleep deprived day, there is a new Carnival of Personal Finance available! My entry about education is included, and here are some of the other entries I enjoyed:

No comments: